Thursday, March 22, 2007

What if......

I've been dealing with a huge fear of death lately, but not like you think. I do not fear the process or what happens afterwards... I know my hope lies in Christ to spend eternity with him...but, I fear something I cannot shake from my mind. It is an intense fear... makes my skin crawl... and keeps me awake at night. Did I do all I could... did I live everyday to bring glory to Jesus Christ? Is there something else I am supposed to be doing?

This fear has increased as my perspective has changed. As a Christian, this earth will never be my home; however, we often treat it like it is. Which is one reason death seems so scary sometimes. We don't wall paper and paint hotel rooms heck, sometimes we don't decorate apartments. All because we see them as temporary. Life on this earth is more temporary than a 10 sec stay at a hotel when compared to eternity with Christ. What would change in your daily life if you really understood this concept? How would you treat others? How would you spend your time and money? God is calling us to change the way we think about earth. Time is short - there is a war to be won.

That's where I am right now.......changing my perspective.........and hopefully changing yours.

No comments: