Wednesday, October 10, 2007

SIN Happens

In the movie Forest Gump, there is a pretty funny scene where Forest is running across america. He runs through a pile of .... waste..... and someone running with him points it out. Forest's reaction was "it happens" and he just kept running. This is how we need to be in our Christian lives. As Christians we are going to sin - it never fails. We should never use that as an excuse for sinning but we must remember perfection is something for which we strive. It's how we respond to sin that tells how mature of a Christian we are. Sin Happens. We have 2 choices when it does. We can either stop, sit in it and cry about how we are sitting in sin - woe is me I have sinned - or we can say God, I screwed up - please forgive me and keep running towards Him. I have been having trouble with the latter lately. Sin happens - we just need to step it up and keep running.

No comments: