Thursday, January 10, 2008

I guess He does know what he is doing

I was discouraged. How could God call me to do something and then not let me. "God, you called me to do this and then you shut every door," I found myself yelling. And to think, the whole time in His gentle wisdom and sense of humor he has to have, (we have one and were made in His image) I am sure he was laughing and saying, "Don't be so stupid. I called you to do something don't you know that I will make it happen. You don't have to kick doors open."
"But God," I would say, "This is what I want to do."
"Not really," he would say "I know best."
And He does. He reminded me this week that He is looking at the big picture. He sees today and tomorrow and the next day and 5 years from now, all at once. And He's like:"If you do that, then you will end up having to do this, and not do that, and then this will happen, and you will miss the prom......." well, you get the point. He knows.
It's am awesome concept to really grasp. It puts stupid worries out of business. "What am I gonna do about this? or How is this going to work? Am I going to be able to eat? Why is it happening like that? Is this navy blue or black?...

GOD knows what's going to happen. I can rest in that.
Yeah... REST AT LAST.

No comments: